What We do
We Bring Reds, Blues and Others Together
To Talk, Listen, and Understand
Who We Are
Launched in 2016, Braver Angels is a national citizens’ movement to bring liberals, conservatives and others together at the grassroots level — not to find centrist compromise, but to find one another as citizens. Through workshops, debates, campus engagement, and more, Braver Angels helps Americans understand each other beyond stereotypes, form community alliances, and reduce the vitriol that poisons our civic culture.
- Skills for Bridging the Divide workshops help you through difficult political conversations with people in your life. Learn how to talk across the divide in a constructive, empathetic way.
- Depolarizing Within workshops teach participants to look within and develop strategies for engaging politics without demonizing, and how to constructively intervene in social conversations with like-minded peers.
- Families and Politics workshops show participants how to talk about politics with their loved ones in a way that brings us closer together — not farther apart.
- Skills for Social Media e-Course shows participants how to share and discuss political viewpoints without contributing to polarization.
- Red-Blue workshops bring together a small, evenly divided group of conservatives and liberals, or “reds” and “blues,” for a series of exercises designed to help participants clarify disagreements, reduce stereotyped thinking, and discover common values.
- Common Ground workshops allow participants from Red-Blue workshops to dig deeper into specific issues, recognizing that there is often more that unites us than divides us.
- Race Conversations enable participants to talk about race in an inquisitive, non-judgmental way.