Braver School Communities
Depolarizing America one school district at a time.
What We Do
We offer programs for school communities, including high school and middle school students, parents, teachers, staff, administrators, and school boards. If you’d like to bring our programs to your school community, please connect with our team.
Introduction to Braver Angels
Introduction to Braver Angels
Skills for Challenging Conversations
Common Ground Workshop
BridgeUSA High School Chapters:
Braver Angels partner BridgeUSA’s High School Chapters bring constructive dialogue to high school campuses across the nation, focusing on teaching students how to engage in political discussion and have productive conversations on hard topics through empathy and open-discussion.
High School Debates:
Braver Angels and BridgeUSA have engaged students in high school debates throughout the country.
Managing Difficult Conversations with Colleagues and Constituents
Outcomes for Participants
Ways You Can Help
We’re seeking trained Braver Angels Moderators, Organizers, and Ambassadors as well as Braver Angels members with skills such as team building, communications, writing, marketing, graphic design, video editing, data entry, and data management. If you’re a Braver Angels member interested in joining our team, please contact us.
Help bring the message of Braver Angels to your school community. As a trained Ambassador, you’ll be well-prepared for offering formal presentations or for impromptu conversations with administrators and others about the benefits bringing Braver Angels bridge-building work to your district.
Help organize workshops and other events for your school community. As a trained Organizer, you’ll learn the logistics of working with Moderators and other team members to bring Braver Angels’ programs to your district.
Help deliver existing workshops for school communities and help create new programs.
Other ways Braver Angels members can help is by sharing this with your school community, and with other Braver Angels members who may be interested in joining our team or spreading the word to their networks. To make your outreach efforts more effective and connect you with others who may already be working in your school community, please contact us.
Connect with our Team
- How Should Students Learn About Race and Racism in Schools? A Common Ground Workshop, Orange County, CA (2023-04-23).
- Sumners Seminar Weekend, an intensive program for students from 17 colleges, TX & OK (2022-11-11 to 2022-11-12).
- How to Teach Sex Education in High School? A Common Ground Workshop, in collaboration with YouthServe, Birmingham, AL (2022-04-10).
- Depolarizing Within: For Teens and Young Adults, national workshop (2022-02-27). Read: ‘We need to see each other’s humanity in all aspects of life’: One teen’s journey to tackling political division within her generation
- Skills for Challenging Conversations, workshop for 600+ seniors, Northwood High School, Orange County, CA (2021-10-13). Read: How a divided high school took action towards depolarization
- Depolarizing Within, workshop for 100+ teachers, staff and administrations, Northwood High School, Orange County, CA (2021-10-11)