Note on In-Person Events: Read about our policy for in-person events during the Covid-19 pandemic here.
If you are a Braver Angels member, please log in to the Members Portal to display ‘Members Only’ events on this page.
Issues With Your Event Listing? If you are an organizer and your event is missing from the calendar or has inaccurate information, please report this to our Organizer Help Desk
- This event has passed.
“Red-Blue” Workshop – Sessions 1 and 2 – Nashville, TN
February 27 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm CST
One event on 02/27/2021 at 10:00 am
About this Event
Join us for a free two-part intensive online workshop that brings together Red (conservative or Republican-leaning) and Blue (liberal or Democratic-leaning) citizens for moderated activities and structured discussions that reduce stereotyped thinking, clarify disagreements, build relationships and find common ground through listening and learning rather than declaring and debating.
In part one, participants get to know one another and a foundation of trust is established. This paves the way for a deeper dive into authentic, respectful and thought-provoking questions and answers in part two.
- Part One – February 20th – 10 AM to 1 PM Central Time
- Part Two – February 27th – 10 AM to 1 PM Central Time
Who can attend?
Anyone interested in developing a deeper understanding of, and connection with, people whose political beliefs differ from their own is welcome. There are two ways to join a Red/Blue Workshop: as a Participant or as an Observer.
- Participants engage in small – and large – group discussions with individuals of both the same and different political persuasions. Participants identify as “red” or “blue” leaning. We strive for an equal balance of red and blue participants: 5 to 7 people on each side.
- Observers watch and listen, but do not participate in the discussions.
- To better understand the experiences and beliefs of those on the other side of the political divide;
- To seek out areas of common ground in addition to acknowledging and respecting difference;
- To gain insights that might help to heal the increasing polarization in our community and the nation.
This workshop is a free event brought to you by Braver Angels as part of our mission to depolarize America. Braver Angels is a 501(c)(3) non-profit. We invite you to consider a gift to Braver Angels; all donations are tax deductible. Your support will allow us to offer more workshops and debates with the ultimate goal of uniting America. To donate, click here.