Not sure which Braver Angels experience to try next? Take a quick stroll around the What we do page to learn more about our events.
- This event has passed.
Depolarizing Within – Hybrid
June 12 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm PDT
Much of today’s polarization is driven by how we talk with like-minded people about those on the other side. Too often, we stereotype, dismiss, or ridicule our fellow citizens who support the other political party, its leaders, and its policies.
This free three-hour workshop teaches participants:
- How to be more aware of their own “inner polarizer”
- How to be critical without demonizing, dismissing or stereotyping large swaths of the population
- Strategies for intervening constructively in social conversations with like-minded peers when these conversations veer into contempt and ridicule for people who hold other political views.
Workshop Format: This is a two-part workshop combining an online eLearning course and an online, interactive workshop offered over Zoom.
- Part one consists of our 40 minute interactive course. You complete this online before the workshop.
- Part two is practicing what you’ve learned in our 90 minute, online workshop.
Who can come? Anyone interested in examining their own inner polarization and learning strategies to disagree without condemning or ridiculing others.
** This event is open to the media upon approval. Media contact: Ciaran O’Connor, [email protected]
See you there!
This workshop is a free event brought to you by Braver Angels as part of our mission to depolarize America. Braver Angels is a 501(c)(3) non-profit. We invite you to consider a gift to Braver Angels; all donations are tax deductible. Your support will allow us to offer more workshops and debates with the ultimate goal of uniting America. Click here to donate.