Work for Braver Angels
Braver Angels’ team features a range of talented and passionate professionals committed to both exemplifying and scaling the impact of our mission. We base our leadership on an equal balance of “reds” and “blues,” so that our organization can reflect the country we seek to serve. Join us!
Braver Angels relies on cloud-based technologies to allow volunteers and program staff to collaborate in our work, in which we offer transformational experiences that bridge the divide and build common bonds between fellow Americans from different walks of life and political opinions.
Whether it be provisioning the digital identities of our core team across platforms, updating and improving our website, managing the digital assets that provide workshop leaders their facilitation guidance, allowing our participants a hassle-free registration process, or helping build out friendly training resources to ensure our teams all get the most out of their digital tools, technology support plays an extremely hands-on role in helping Braver Angels achieve its mission.
A successful technology support specialist at Braver Angels will be a skilled, service-oriented troubleshooter with a zeal for helping a wide range of users navigate a variety of tools, from Google Workspace (Gmail, Drive, Calendar, etc.) to Zoom. Because we are a lean non-profit with a big mission, our technology support specialist works with an eye toward scalability, identifying opportunities for us to increase our impact through continuous systems improvements. Ideally, this person has experience working inside or managing a customer-facing helpdesk, and they can help us build smart and sustainable processes. Additionally, this person is comfortable with a wide variety of digital tools, including content management and email marketing tools such as WordPress, Mailchimp, etc. and has experience administering user accounts and maintaining security and data privacy in systems.
Type: PT Hourly position. 20 hours/week.
Location: New York, NY
- Braver Angels Chief Technology Officer
- Establish and staff a help desk / case management system that is able to support staff and core volunteer users.
- Develop and maintain systems and training resources that ensure the smooth onboarding and offboarding of users across a variety of platforms, including Google Workspace, Salesforce, WordPress, Action Network, and others.
- Perform routine maintenance and content creation and design tasks within our WordPress website.
- Develop and maintain internal IT and staff / volunteer-facing documentation to ensure all systems are sustainable.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a technology-rich environment, with direct regular usage of a range of digital productivity tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong working knowledge of Google Workspace (Gmail, Drive, Google Calendar, etc.) from an end user perspective
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Google Workspace user and security administration
- WordPress administration and/or publishing
- Helpdesk setup and administration
- Customer service involving technical support
Nice to have:
- Experience with systems automation (Google Apps Script, Zapier, API integrations)
- Experience with data handling (Spreadsheet formulas, Databases, Dashboard building, etc.)
- Web design and/or content management
*This position may be worked remotely or in person, but the employee is expected to come to the office (at 420 Lexington Avenue near Grand Central in Manhattan) at least 1 time per week.