Community Collaborations Network
What would happen if hundreds and hundreds of civic, religious, and campus organizations joined forces to build trust between community members estranged by political differences?
The Braver Angels Community Collaborations Network
This network is a national association of local groups who want to bring the Braver Angels approach to political depolarization into their communities. Collaborators come from politically-mixed, local-level, religious, civic, and college campus organizations. Braver Angels provides resources and support as they develop depolarization strategies and activities for their communities. Collaborators can meet with members of similar groups across the United States to share experiences, brainstorm ideas, and co-create initiatives.
Think your organization might be interested? Keep reading!
Is my group a good fit for the Community Collaborations Network?
- Are you a local-level civic, religious, or college campus organization?
- Is there a meaningful proportion of red-leaning (conservative or Republican) and blue-leaning (liberal or Democratic) members in your organization?
- Will the leadership of your organization support this project?
- Do you want to introduce Braver Angels principles and practices to your community to help bridge the partisan divide?
- Do you believe that your group’s traditions and values can contribute to the mission of strengthening citizenship in a divisive era?
If you answered yes to these questions, you could be a great match! Keep reading to learn more.
What will Braver Angels ask of our organization?
- You will need to identify 2 to 4 members of your group to lead coordination of this project, including at least one red-leaning and one blue-leaning member.
- We ask that each member of your 2 to 4-person leader team attend two free Braver Angels events, and join Braver Angels (memberships are $12 per year.)
- With Braver Angels training, materials, and support (all free of cost), your group will hold an event for your community which addresses the partisan divide in America.
- Afterwards, your leader team can assess your organization’s priorities and capacity, and plan a course for more Braver Angels involvement. We will assist with resources and ideas. Options include joining up with a local Braver Angels Alliance; selecting from Braver Angels standard programming to host workshops, skills training sessions, discussion groups, and debates; or developing an initiative all your own!