Community Collaborations Network
Welcome to home base for Collaborators in the Community Collaborations Network!
New to the Network? Please sign up below for your orientation.
Need help? Contact the Community Collaborations Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s kick-off time for the Community Collaborations Network pilot program! Your organization is joining us at an exciting time. We want to make your experience as part of the network everything you want it to be. Thank you for taking part in this endeavor – we will check in often to see how it’s going!
A note on Covid-related concerns: all Braver Angels offerings can be conducted via Zoom, and we can help you optimize your events for an effective online experience. Where in-person gatherings are permitted by local authorities, we ask groups and individuals to use their own judgement about venues and format. To read our full pandemic policy, click here.
Orientations are typically held on Tuesday afternoons at 2:00 p.m., Eastern Time. We are happy to find another time for your orientation if this time doesn’t work for you. To find an alternative time, contact us at email@example.com.
Tuesday, October 26, 2:00 p.m. ET Register Here
Tuesday, November 2, 2:00 p.m. ET Register Here
Tuesday, November 9, 2:00 p.m. ET Register Here
Tuesday, November 16, 2:00 p.m. ET Register Here
NOTE: Before attending orientation, please carefully review Section One below.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY COLLABORATIONS NETWORK
Overview: You are joining a national network of local civic, religious, and campus organizations aiming to decrease political polarization. Braver Angels provides training and resources to local leaders as they develop depolarization strategies for their communities. The network provides opportunities to co-create and learn through connections with similar groups across the United States.
Onboarding: On their own timetable, collaborators complete a 3-phase onboarding process: the Incubation Phase, the Launch Event, and the Action-Planning Phase.
SECTION ONE - The Incubation Phase
Here your leader team members build an understanding of the Braver Angels approach to engaging across viewpoint. They become members of Braver Angels and personally experience our programming. Leaders follow these steps at their own pace, emailing us as each step is completed, or to request assistance sorting options and setting things up.
There are four steps in the incubation process.
- If you haven’t already done so, please join Braver Angels by purchasing a $12 annual membership in Braver Angels. This is a requirement for each member of your Collaborations Network leader team.
- Each leader attends a Zoom Orientation for the Community Collaborations Network.
- Each leader attends a free Braver Angels event, such as an online workshop, skills training, or debate. See our What We Do page to read about the choices, and the Events Calendar to find one that fits your interests. (Previously attended events count!)
- Each leader team member pairs up with another of a different political leaning for a Braver Angels 1:1 Conversation. This structured, self-moderated conversation takes place in two, 1-hour sessions.
SECTION TWO - The Launch Event
What is the launch event?
The launch event is a gathering held to introduce your organization to the Braver Angels Community Collaborations Network, to talk about the current political divide in America, to discuss what your group has to offer in the healing process, and to help members identify actions that they can take.
This event is organized and hosted by your leader team with our support. We provide a Braver Angels event template which you enhance, customizing it with your organization’s own language, culture, traditions, and rituals.
Here are some objectives for the launch event. You may want to add your own:
- Participants have an understanding of the way political polarization challenges each of us—locally, regionally, and across the country—and the impact it can have on relationships, organizations, and communities.
- Participants have an awareness of how this work fits in with the values, spirit, and history of this organization, and how it can have value in many contexts.
- Participants feel motivated to engage in the work of bridging the divide in their organization, their personal lives, their community, and in the wider world. Some of your members commit to taking action in collaboration with Braver Angels.
Launch Event Templates
SECTION THREE - Options for Action Planning
After your launch event, you should have a sense of the level and types of interest your organization’s members have in taking part in this collaboration with Braver Angels. You may gain additional volunteers to help with depolarization events and projects.
When you reach the Action Planning stage, the Community Collaborations Team will be available to help you strategize about next steps for your organization. There are many options to explore. You can develop a plan that works well with your organization’s calendar, priorities, and leadership capacity.
Here are a few ideas to consider:
- Join Braver Angels Alliances where they exist in your area, or learn the steps required to establish a new one.
- Hold a series of Braver Angels workshops, debates, and skills trainings chosen from our available offerings.
- Invite local candidates and elected officials to participate in Braver Angels-designed political community events like our Town Halls and Candidate Debates.
- Host viewing parties to watch and discuss the Braver Angels documentary and/or other films on bridging the partisan divide.
- Form a book club to read and discuss the recommended titles in our Braver Angels library.
- Develop an initiative all your own, using Braver Angels tools and materials to focus on polarized issues important to your organization.
SECTION FOUR - The Network
This is a current look at elements comprising ongoing participation in the Braver Angels Community Collaborations Network. We invite participants in the network to offer suggestions and requests for platforms and events they feel would enhance the value of the network.
- The Braver Angels team will host weekly Round Tables for Community Collaborators, where they can meet with the leader teams of other community organizations across the country engaged in the same work. Time is provided for experience sharing, brainstorming, problem-solving, co-creating, and mutual support. (Calendar will be posted soon.)
- We will host quarterly meetings to provide program news and updates, spotlight organizations, and offer in-depth exploration of depolarization issues most relevant to attending collaborators. (Look for this calendar soon as well.)
- We are in development of an online-meeting space for networking between like groups. I.e., a space for organizations involved with higher education, a space for religious community collaborators, and a space for civic group leaders.
SECTION FIVE - Additional Resources
These resources are freely available to you as collaborators in the Community Collaborations Network. As members of Braver Angels, you may also find useful materials and links in our Members Portal. For further help and support, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please bookmark this page and check back often; especially for Announcements, additions to the Orientation and Round Table calendars, and for new resources in Section Five!